The Data Analyst in the Research & Data Analytics Team will work internally with the team to utilize various datasets coming from different departments within PATTISON Outdoor Advertising to help the company drawing sound business conclusions. It is all about discovering useful information from the data to support decision-making.
This position will report to the Director of Research & Data Analytics.
- Establish a full data governance solution or roadmap from scratch including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities.
- Develop control structures to ensure the accuracy and quality of data from different data channels.
- Ensure controls are in place over applications to ensure the data integrity by performing data integrity gap analysis.
- Coordinate the resolution of data integrity gaps by working with the business owners and IT.
- Provide thought leadership and participate with projects that involve any of the upstream or downstream data flows and processes.
- Work with business partners to gather and understand functional requirements, develop complex queries.
- Identify new business opportunities pertaining to the use of information assets to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in the company.
- Prepare reports which derive strong insights from data and deliver them in a concise, visually impactful way that is easy to understand.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in information technology, business, or a related discipline.
- A minimum of five (5) years data quality or similar level data analysis experience required.
- Experience in data management experience is essential, such as consolidating, inspecting, cleansing, transforming and securing data.
- A minimum of five (5) years SQL and VBA experience required.
- Intermediate experience using statistical packages (SAS) for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, R, others).
- Highly proficiency in quantitative data analysis, experience developing statistical models.
- Intermediate skills in data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI.
- You should be results-driven, highly motivated, and have a track record of using data analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and the success of a business.
- Ability to compare technologies and make recommendations to senior members of the team the best solutions to store, maintain and analyze the database.
- Strong communicator who articulates ideas clearly, asks questions confidently, and listens actively in order to ensure complete understanding and retaining of key messages.
- Active learner, open to taking direction and able to apply feedback to future tasks.
- Well-developed time management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple timelines, prioritize changing needs, and keep team members as well as clients updated on timing expectations.
- A high proficiency with the MS Office Suite.
The short-listed candidates will be required to undergo a test on site and/or off site and provide their certifications (e.g. technical certifications) and portfolios in any forms to showcase your skills and knowledge during the interview process.
PATTISON Outdoor Advertising is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise our Human Resources department.