The Research Analyst is responsible for managing quantitative custom research studies from start to finish with minimal supervision. This person must have experience in designing questionnaires, managing field work, maintaining data quality and writing insightful reports with actionable recommendations. Other responsibilities include fulfilling internal sales team research requests and providing actionable insights based off various data outlets to support sales.
The position requires strong interpersonal and client management, project management, and research skills. The main purpose of this position is to provide a wide range of custom and standard analytical services to support PATTISON’s sales teams. We are seeking highly-motivated applicants with the right combination of market research and project management experience. The successful applicant will report to PATTISON’s Research Team Lead.
- Passionate about the customer and customer experience?
- Intellectually curious and engaged in the world around them?
- Technically skilled in research design and analysis?
- Have the ability to work accurately under tight deadlines and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously?
- Good at seeing the big picture, but also meticulous with the finer details?
- Collect and analyze data from syndicated resources on consumer demographics, psychographics, and habits in order to identify opportunities for the sale of PATTISON’s products across Canada
- Communicate clearly and understand the objectives of the requests
- Formulate a plan to meet request requirements
- Prepare reports which derive strong insights from data and deliver them in a concise, visually impactful way that is easy to understand
Custom research projects:
- Understand project objectives and design customized questionnaires
- Construct quota specifications based on project requirements
- Work with suppliers and oversee survey fielding, data collection and data processing
- Execute soft launch and full launch processes
- Use reporting tools to build cross-tab/banner plans for report writing purposes
- Write insightful reports with actionable recommendations through visually impactful way that is easy to understand
- Deliver internal and external client presentations regarding methodology and findings to both small and large groups
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree, preferably in social sciences, market research, statistics or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1 year of professional services full-time work experience in marketing analytics, business intelligence, statistics or other analytical methodology conducting research, survey design and analysis.
- A strong ability and understanding of the use of imagery in brand building required
- Strong understanding of data collection and analytical processes
- A proficiency (and high comfort level) with quantitative research/custom research and syndicated research (interpreting respondent data and providing insights or recommendations and delivery high quality work)
- A high proficiency with Microsoft Office with a focus on PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiarity with Numeris RTS, Vividata, Numerator, and/or Environics data is an asset but not required
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills with demonstrated experience presenting quality work with a high attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with well-developed time management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple timelines, prioritize changing needs, and keep team members as well as clients updated on timing expectations
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and independently
- Self-starter, critical thinker, with strong logic, reasoning and problem-solving skills. Able to assess research questions at hand and determine the best solution using available resources
- The ability to work under tight deadline pressures
- Active learner, open to taking direction and able to apply feedback to future tasks
The short-listed candidates will be required to complete a test online. Please provide your certifications (e.g. technical certifications) and portfolios in any forms to showcase your skills and knowledge during the interview process.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a hardworking team that continually exceeds expectations. You will be joining a corporate culture driven by a creative spirit that emphasizes imagination, innovation, inspiration, and teamwork.
Pattison Outdoor Advertising is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise our Human Resources department.