The Operations Technical Support position’s primary role is to provide over the phone technical support to outside contractors as well as provide remote diagnosis support to issues in the field. The ideal candidate for this position would possess a good knowledge of Linux computing and networking, be able to communicate well with non-technical contractors, and be able to mentally visualize an installed system to assist in issue troubleshooting. This job requires an ability to creatively solve new problems, and a candidate who is motivated to learn new systems and procedures as the technology we use evolves.
Our primary goal is maintaining our digital signage network, but with that comes a host of cutting edge technology that must be learned, maintained, and continually tweaked. A large part of this position involves visualizing a problem that isn’t directly in front of you, and as a result we’re looking for someone who can carefully analyze an issue from top to bottom and rule out avenues to get closer to the solution to a problem. This often involves creativity and precision in understanding and describing technical methods.
- Remotely troubleshoot all basic technical issues affecting Pattison Onestop Hardware
- Gain full understanding of the equipment and infrastructure
- Extensively document fixes, workarounds, and special cases
- Become an expert in our documentation system
- Coordinate and support in-field technicians and contractors to resolve issues problems in our installed network
- Be willing to help improve methods of monitoring and remote repair
- Occasionally perform field maintenance including hardware replacement
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Comfortable with computers, networking, and associated technology (knowledge of display technology and basic electronics an asset)
- Comfortable with the basic Linux command line (Debian Linux is preferable) and the nature of the Linux OS
- Experience with monitoring tools (Nagios, Sensu, Webcam monitoring)
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable with communicating with potentially non-technical contacts to troubleshoot on-site issues
- Able to give meaningful information to our clients in a calm and patient manner
- Good phone demeanor
- Ability to work well under stress
- Ability to problem solve and work independently to resolve in-field issues
- Willing to work as an on-call tech off hours on a rotational basis
- Willing to work on 12 pm – 8 pm shift
Pattison Outdoor Advertising is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise our Human Resources department.