Responsible for the quality, accuracy and efficiency of the Accounts Payable process: Vendor Master maintenance, invoice coding/data entry/approval, and payment processing/approval.
Reporting Relationships: The position reports to the Controller and has four direct reports it is responsible for.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Internal and external customer service
· Internal audit of AP invoice coding to ensure costs & taxes are being captured properly, proper invoice approval by operations, and that no duplicate invoice/payments exist, validate vendor tax registration
· Ensure all hydro, lease, digital telecom and property tax accounts have active panels attached
· Logging and resolution of any AP system issues (Quattro or GP), along with system testing for any issues with scheduled software upgrades
· Review & approve all General AP cheque requisitions and all month end accruals before processing to ensure completeness and avoid duplicate payments/expenses in General ledger
· Ensure all cheques outstanding >60days are cleared (voided or re-issued)
· Month end review to ensure no outstanding payables >90days
· Month end review to ensure no future dated invoices exist
· Sales tax reporting approval & payment at bank
· Responsible for all credit card payments made by AP
· Responsible for new supplier credit applications, new vendor invoice approval, and EFT payment set up in GP
· Responsible for expense report processing and monthly office rents, along with associated EFT payment runs
· Perform the system month end close routines for AP Subledger (both Quattro & Great Plains) & all associated AP month end reporting
· Responsible for AP Subledger to General Ledger reconciliations, along with AP Intercompany confirmations, and various balance sheet account reconciliations. Resolution of any reconciling items must be processed within 30 days of month end close.
· WCB annual reporting and assistance with any WCB audits
· Responsible for distribution of AP team workload and monthly reporting of key performance indicators for AP team to assist with performance management of team.
· Responsible for holding team meetings as needed to ensure team goals are being achieved
· Continuously search for opportunities to strengthen internal controls, improve AP processes & reduce rework/manual work
· Provide support to the payables team as required
· Set team/personal objectives and participate in annual performance reviews for all direct reports together with Controller
· Assist with any other duties or special projects assigned by management
· Strong customer service and communication skills (oral and written)
· Must be able to motivate and lead a team
· Must be detail oriented and well organized
· Strong analytical skills
· 2 years minimum of related experience
· Strong knowledge of MS Excel. Advanced knowledge of Pivot Tables and VLookups
· Able to work overtime during month end close & year end audit
Pattison Outdoor Advertising is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise our Human Resources department.