The Digital Hardware Specialist will work in our hardware lab, and be responsible for a wide range of technology tasks.
Comfortable with a wide range of technology, tools, electronics and ideally being a self-driven problem solver is required for this position. We’re looking for someone who is capable of self-teaching, loves to discover new technology and generally will research what they don’t know. This is a hands-on position, making and breaking equipment, soldering, and creating solutions to technical problems.
Please compose a cover letter – this position is very diverse, and we don’t expect a form letter CV to communicate why you’d be great for the job. Tell us who you are, and why this would be a great fit. PATTISON offers benefits and a great working environment to team members; it’s a great place to work.
- Comfort with computer hardware: Building, repairing, loading software and OS. If you built your own gaming rig, that’s a good start.
- Linux skills/experience: Our platform is Debian, we need someone who can help support our hardware image, test drivers, and is familiar with working via the command line.
- Basic understanding of electronics is a huge plus. We don’t expect you to design PCBs, but at least an ability to understand what they are, the basis of how they work, and the knowledge to work with third-party vendors to source and replace them.
- Understanding of industrial design and fabrication. We make things; we’d like someone who could pick up Solidworks and feel comfortable working with designers and fabrication shops. Again, you don’t have to be the designer, but some comfort with this area of the world is ideal. We value the ability to start with a drawing and understand how the design will be realized once it is physically constructed.
- Curiosity: We’re working at the leading edge of Digital Signage technology and we’re looking for someone who can keep us on that edge, and who isn’t afraid to see a current method and wants to make it better.
- Linux skills/experience
- Experience building computers, physical hardware
- Keen Attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Pattison Outdoor Advertising is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise our Human Resources department